What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance intends to cover medical expenses, financial default of travel suppliers, and other losses incurred while traveling, either within one’s own country or internationally.
Temporary insurance can usually be arranged when booking a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip. A “multi-trip” policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame.
Coverage varies and can be purchased to include higher risk items such as “winter sports.”
Risks Covered by Travel Insurance Policies
The most common risks covered by insurance are:
• Medical emergency (accident or sickness)
• Emergency evacuation
• Repatriation of remains
• Return of a minor
• Trip cancellation
• Trip interruption
• Visitor health insurance
• Accidental death, injury, or disablement benefit
• Overseas funeral expenses
• Lost, stolen, or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
• Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
• The flight connection missed due to the airline schedule
• Travel delays due to weather
Contact us to learn more about the right travel insurance coverage for you.